FCJ Bicentenary 1820-2020
There will be a host of events to celebrate this Bicentenary Year:
- A Day of Kindness to launch the Bicentenary Year of Celebration.
- Planting trees around the world. The sisters in Europe have committed to planting 10 trees for each community group in the bicentenary year.
- The staging of a theatre production based on the life of Marie Madeleine and the expansion of the Society she founded; the play has been commissioned from Rise Theatre and will be performed in the UK, Ireland and other English-speaking locations where FCJs and their Companions in Mission live and work.
- Another live-theatre piece in the form of an interview with Marie Madeleine created by Rooney and Punyi Educational Theatre Productions. Watch a video of this piece.
- Various internal celebrations in FCJ Schools and Spirituality Centres. Followed them using the #FCJ200 hashtag.
- Local radio interviews and presentations in different parts of the world (Merseyside, Edmonton).
- A new song in English has been composed for use in FCJ schools and in parishes where FCJs and their Companions in Mission live and work. There is also a celebratory song in Spanish.
- Liturgical and para-liturgical celebrations in the locations where FCJ sisters live or have ministered in the past (see our Events page).
- New materials on the Foundress and the history of the Faithful Companions of Jesus have been made available.
- A commemorative painting is in preparation and will be published online.
- Unpublished material from FCJ archives will be available online.